DUI Task Force Releases Arrest Numbers For First Year.

No matter how “under control” you think you are when driving, if you’ve consumed alcohol there’s a good chance your judgment will be impaired and that your ability to drive safely is diminished. What may seem to be safe to you may, in fact, be reckless, and you are putting others and yourself at an unnecessary risk by driving while under the influence. If you become a victim of a drunk driver, you should rely on an experienced drunk driving personal injury attorney at the Law Offices of Gilbert R. Hoy, Jr. and Affiliates to help guide you through the complicated litigation process, so you can begin to recover from your injuries. Call our Boston, Massachusetts injury attorneys today at 617-787-3700.

A new task force was implemented in March, 2017, which was a joint operation between the Roanoke County, Roanoke City, Vinton, and Salem, Virginia police departments. This task force was designed to crack down on the increasing problem of drunk drivers. The task force ended up being busier and making more arrests than expected, with a total of nearly 400 driving under the influence arrests made in the first year.  A majority, nearly 75% of the arrests, were made for drivers who were under the influence of alcohol. The other 25% of arrests made were for drivers under the influence of drugs. No statistics were released showing what percentage of arrests involved a combination of both alcohol and drugs.

Have you or a loved one of yours been seriously injured in an accident caused by a driver who was under the influence of an intoxicating substance? If you have, you may be entitled to monetary compensation, in the form of damages, for any pain and suffering, medical expenses and lost wages you have suffered. Call today to speak with one of our expert drunk driver personal injury lawyers here at our Boston, Massachusetts law firm in a free and confidential consultation. An attorney can be reached by phone at 617-787-3700 or email us at info@gilhoylaw.com Your needs are our top priority!

This entry was posted in Boston MA Drunk Driving Injury Lawyer, Boston MA Personal Injury Lawyer, Massachusetts Drunk Driving Injury Lawyer. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *